Having a little belly fat is actually good for you.
It helps to protect your intestines, stomach and other delicate organs.
But just like anything else in life, too much of anything isn’t right for you.
This 10-minute belly pooch workout will help to shrink the excess belly fat, provided that you follow the meal plan that comes with it.
Because it doesn’t matter how hard you workout in the gym or at home, if your diet sucks you will never see results.
That’s just the reality of dropping belly or waist fat.
THE BELLY POOCH 10 MINUTE WORKOUT OVERVIEW
This workout is designed with 3 full body workouts and 2 abdominal targeted moves.
Here’s the thing, you cannot target belly fat. You have to take a wholesome approach to see results.
That’s why every fat burning workout should include full body moves that include multiple joints at the same time in motion.
You actually burn a lot more calories and save a lot of time.
For this workout, you won’t need any equipment, just your own bodyweight. As always workout a chart will be provided below showing the amount of sets and time assigned for each workout.
Between each set, you can rest 30-50 seconds to maximize metabolic activity.
Okay, let’s get started!
1. ONE-LEGGED CRUNCH
The beauty of this workout is that it’s quite easy on your back.
You can use your hands to support your lift and still work the lower and upper abs.
How to do it
- Get into starting position A as shown in the image above.
- Slowly raise your left leg towards your chest while lifting your upper body upwards with the support of your hands.
- Hold the crunch position for one second and return to the starting point.
- That completes one rep. Complete the required sets for the left leg and move on to the right leg.
2. STANDING CRUNCH
When you’re performing this workout make sure that you maintain good stability.
And focus on contracting your abdominal muscles at the peak of the movement.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart as shown in position A with both hands behind your head.
- Lift your right leg forward parallel to the ground while crunching your upper body towards it.
- After holding the crunch position for one second, return to the starting position and do the left leg.
- Alternate both legs throughout the movement.
3. JUMP SQUATS
If you’re not doing jump squats you’re missing out.
It’s actually one of the best moves you can do to supercharge your metabolism in a short period.
Because so many joints will be working at the same time it puts more demand on your body to use more energy.
Therefore, burning more calories.
How to do it
- Get into the starting position as shown in position A with legs wide apart and thighs parallel to the ground.
- Now you’re going to do an explosive jump as high as possible then land back into the starting position and repeat.
Note: If you want more challenge from this workout add a 25 pound dumbbell to increase energy demand.
4. PLANK CROSS TOE TOUCH
A fat burning plank variation that you can consider as a full body move.
Not only will you hit every single abdominal muscle but also work your upper body and lower body muscles to help stabilize your body during movement.
How to do it
- Get into the plank position A with your torso parallel to the ground.
- You’re going to use your right hand to try touch the right toe while pushing your glutes upwards to form a V-Crunch.
- Hold that position for one second then return to the starting point and use the left hand to touch your left toe and repeat.
- Alternate throughout the move.
5. PLANK RUNNERS
You have done HIIT before then you must have come across plank runners.
If you’re not sweating after completing this workout you’re not doing it correctly. This is going to definitely increase your calorie burn because of how explosive it is.
How to do it
- Get into the plank position and start performing the running motion by alternating both legs.
- Throughout the movement make sure that your abdominal muscles are contracted.
- Try to go as fast as possible to maximize the intensity.
THE 10 MINUTE LOWER POOCH WORKOUT CHART
SEE THE MOVES IN ACTION
For you to lose belly pooch you need to do two things:
- Be consistent with the workout plan by doing it at least 3 to 4 times a week.
- Make sure that you’re in a daily calorie deficit by eating less calories and burning more.
It doesn’t have to be complicated, keep your diet simple.
You want to minimize simple carbs like chips and added sugar as this will cause your blood sugar to increase which spikes insulin.
If you don’t remember what insulin is, it is a hormone that encourages your liver to store fat all over your body but mostly in your belly.
And you don’t want that to happen.
Replace processed foods with nutrient-dense foods that will feed your body and renew your cells.
Here’s a meal plan that you can follow to help you lose belly pooch.
If you’re vegan use this plan instead.
If you’re going to have cheat meals then only have it once per week preferably on Sunday and start again fresh on Monday.
Here are some cheat meal ideas that you can use and you can make at home.
When you make your own cheat meals you have more control over the ingredients.
But whatever you do, just make sure that you have cheat meals once a week.
THE WORKOUT FREQUENCY
Another thing is that when you’re doing the routine after you have completed 10 minutes, if you have more time it’s highly recommended to do the whole routine a second time.
Remember, you want to squeeze as much calorie burn out of the day as possible.
So you could get the chance to maximize that opportunity.
GO AHEAD AND TRY THIS BELLY POOCH WORKOUT
Try to keep good form throughout the movements and maintain stability.
You want to get the best of both worlds burning fat and improving flexibility and mobility.